A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Department of State, and notices of lawsuits. A Pennsylvania Registered Agent acts as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
Pennsylvania Registered Office Requirements
In Pennsylvania, the people working at a registered office are in charge of accepting documents on behalf of a company. Pennsylvania is merely unique in the fact that, unlike other states, they don’t require businesses to submit the names of their agents. Perhaps in Pennsylvania more than other states, companies should consider third-party registered agent companies to serve as their registered office, as business owners can trust knowing these professionals will handle their business needs. Below are the registered office requirements in the state of Pennsylvania, as outlined by the Department of State.
- The office must be maintained by a domestic filing association or registered foreign association
- ost office boxes are not acceptable as a mailing address. Only actual street or rural route box numbers may be used
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your Pennsylvania Registered Office
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer Pennsylvania registered office services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of Pennsylvania. When hiring us to serve as a registered agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of Pennsylvania, meeting requirements set forth by the Department of State’s Office. This could also be a home address as well.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in Pennsylvania miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as a Pennsylvania registered office, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your Pennsylvania Registered Office
If you are a business owner in the state of Pennsylvania who is not satisfied with the registered office currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- Hire a New Agent – Before changing the registered office on file with the Department of State, businesses should have a new registered office in place. Not only will this allow for a seamless transition, but it also helps ensure that a company remains in good standing with the state.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the Pennsylvania Department of State – Once a business has determined where their new registered office will be located, they can begin to file a Change of Registered Office form. Not only must they provide the current address, but they must also give the new address. Unfortunately, Pennsylvania business owners are not able to make this change on their annual report.
- Pay the Filing Fee – Domestic organizations must pay $5 to file Change of Registered Office paperwork, while foreign organizations must pay $250. The fee is nonrefundable.
State Filing Fees
When a company files any paperwork relating to their registered office in the state of Pennsylvania, they will have to submit filing fees as well. It’s crucial that businesses pay the correct amount. Otherwise, the state will not file their paperwork, resulting in costly delays. Below is a breakdown of the filing fee structure for Pennsylvania businesses.
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Corporation||$5|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Limited Liability Company||$5|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Non-Profit Corporations||$5|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$250|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporations||$250|
|Foreign Limited Liability Companies||$250|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Corporation||$125|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Non-Profit Corporation||$125|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$250|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation Qualification||$250|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Limited Liability Company||$125|
|Domestic Pennsylvania Partnerships||$125|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$250|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$250|