A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Secretary of State, and notices of lawsuits. A New Hampshire Registered Agents acts as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
New Hampshire Registered Agent Requirements For an Individual
Those in need of a registered agent can choose to have an individual serve the company on their behalf. Business owners can find more information about New Hampshire registered agents on the Secretary of State’s website. Below are some requirements to consider when selecting an individual registered agent.
- The registered agent must be a resident of New Hampshire
- The individual must be at least 18 years of age
- The agent must understand that the address they provide will serve as the registered office for the business entity they represent
New Hampshire Registered Agent Requirements For A Company
If a business owner does not have a trusted individual who can serve as a registered agent, they could instead find a company to serve as their agent, so long as the company:
- Is authorized to do business in the state of New Hampshire
- Has a physical address in New Hampshire
- Does not provide a P.O. box as their address
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your New Hampshire Registered Agent
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer New Hampshire registered agent services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of New Hampshire. When hiring us to serve as a registered agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of New Hampshire, meeting requirements set forth by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in New Hampshire miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as a New Hampshire registered agent, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your New Hampshire Registered Agent
If you are a business owner in the state of New Hampshire who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- If you are a business owner in the state of New Hampshire who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the New Hampshire Secretary of State – Companies can change their registered agent by filing a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent form with the Secretary of State’s office. New Hampshire businesses also have the option to update this information when filing their annual report.
- Pay the Filing Fee – The state of New Hampshire states that the filing fee for all businesses is $15. However, the filing fee is waived if the submission is included with the company’s annual report.
State Filing Fees
Whenever business owners file paperwork relating to their Nebraska registered agent, they must pay filing fees. However, these fees can vary significantly depending on who is presenting the paperwork and their reasoning for doing so. Below, you’ll find a breakdown of the filing fees for the state of Nebraska.
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic New Hampshire Corporation||$15|
|Domestic New Hampshire Limited Liability Company||$15|
|Domestic New Hampshire Non-Profit Corporations||$15|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$15|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporations||$15|
|Foreign Limited Liability Companies||$15|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic New Hampshire Corporation||$100|
|Domestic New Hampshire Non-Profit Corporation||$25|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$100|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation Qualification||$25|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic New Hampshire Limited Liability Company||$100|
|Domestic New Hampshire Partnerships||$100|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$100|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$100|