A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Secretary of State, and notices of lawsuits. An Oklahoma Registered Agent acts as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
Oklahoma Registered Agent Requirements For an Individual
The Oklahoma Secretary of State’s office gives businesses the options of using an individual as their registered agent. If individuals wish to serve in this capacity, they must meet a few requirements.
- The person must be at least 18 years of age
- The person must be a resident of Oklahoma
- The individual provides an office address that is a physical address within the state
- The person is at this address during regular business hours
Oklahoma Registered Agent Requirements For A Company
Instead of relying on a sole individual to act as a registered agent, many businesses elect to hire a third-party company to work on their behalf. If you prefer to go this route, you should ensure that the company
- Is a domestic or foreign corporation authorized to conduct business in the state
- The corporation is in good standing with the Secretary of State’s office
- The corporation provides a physical address where they are located throughout the day
- The original company may serve as a registered agent for itself
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your Oklahoma Registered Agent
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer Oklahoma registered agent services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of Oklahoma. When hiring us to serve as a registered agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of Oklahoma, meeting requirements set forth by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in Oklahoma miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as an Oklahoma registered agent, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your Oklahoma Registered Agent
If you are a business owner in the state of Oklahoma who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- Hire a New Agent – Before Oklahoma business owners can remove their current registered agent, they must have first secured a new agent. Because they are making the change to improve their registered agent services, business owners should take their time searching for a new agent.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the Oklahoma Secretary of State – Once business owners have found a new registered agent, they can begin the process of updating their information with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. They must complete a Change of Registered Agent and/or Location of Registered Office orm to do so. This is the only way in which an Oklahoma business can change their registered agent. Oklahoma companies cannot do so when filing their annual report.
- Pay the Filing Fee – Business owners must also ensure they include the $26 filing fee when submitting their Change of Agent form. Otherwise, the state of Oklahoma will not process their forms, causing significant delays.
State Filing Fees
Whenever a company files registered agent paperwork with the Oklahoma Secretary of State, they will likely have to pay filing fees. These fees can vary drastically and can be unusually high for foreign entities. It’s imperative that business owners pay careful attention to the amounts they owe.
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic Oklahoma Corporation||$26|
|Domestic Oklahoma Limited Liability Company||$26|
|Domestic Oklahoma Non-Profit Corporations||$26|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$26|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporations||$26|
|Foreign Limited Liability Companies||$26|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Oklahoma Corporation||$50|
|Domestic Oklahoma Non-Profit Corporation||$25|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$300|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation Qualification||$300|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Oklahoma Limited Liability Company||$100|
|Domestic Oklahoma Partnerships||$100|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$300|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$300|