Protect your corporation’s good standing by completing and filing your initial report on time. In most states, the original business formation filing is sufficient, but some states require a follow up filing called an initial report. This subsequent filing usually occurs within 30 – 120 days after the formation filing. Initial reports provide the state with information that may not have been available when the company filed the original documents. This period allows the company time to choose a business location, elect officers or directors and make other important business decisions. The initial report typically includes:
- Business activities since obtaining corporate status
- Current business address
- List of members, officers and directors
- Name and address of the company’s registered agent
- In some states, other financial information is also required
The Importance of Initial Reports
The states that require initial reports along with the due dates are as follows:
- California –file within 90 days of the formation date
- Nevada –file by the end of the month after incorporation
- Washington – due with the original filing or within 120 days of incorporation
- Connecticut – corporations and non-profits must file within 30 days of the first organizational meeting
- Georgia – corporations and non-profits must file within 90 days of their formation date
- Louisiana – file with formation documents
- Missouri –file within 30 days of formation
- New Mexico – file within 30 days of receiving incorporation or authorization
- South Carolina – must be submitted with formation documents
Customized Support Tailored For You
Depending on the state, failing to file an initial report may result in fines ranging from $10 to $250, company placement as inactive or in bad standing, revocation of incorporation status or dissolution of the company. In case of the latter, companies must resubmit incorporation documents and repay incorporation fees.
With the personal care of expert representatives, DoMyLLC will make sure your initial reports meet all state requirements and are filed on time. Live support allows you to speak with an actual person who will address any questions or concerns. Our competitive prices, price match guarantee and 100 percent satisfaction guarantee ensure you receive quality products and services.
Hassle Free Process
Our two-step process lets you place your order and DoMyLLC will create an initial report tailored to the filing guidelines, rules and regulations of your specific state. We do everything we can to simplify the document filing process for our clients.