A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Secretary of State, and notices of lawsuits. A Louisiana Registered Agent acts as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
Louisiana Registered Agent Requirements For an Individual
No matter if you are looking to form a company and hire your first registered agent or make a change to the registered agent you already have in place, you should consider these requirements from the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- The registered agent can be an individual who is at least 18 years old and resides in Louisiana.
- The registered agent can be a state individual attorney.
- The registered agent’s address must be the same as the registered office. Both should be physical street addresses in Louisiana.
Louisiana Registered Agent Requirements For a Company
Additionally, the Louisiana Secretary of State allows businesses to hire a third-party company to serve as their registered agent. They must meet a few requirements, however.
- The registered agent can be a partnership or a corporation, either domestic or foreign, that is authorized to conduct business in the state.
- The company must provide a physical address in the state of Louisiana that will serve as the registered office.
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your Louisiana Registered Agent
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer Louisiana registered agent services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of Louisiana. When hiring us to serve as a registered agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of Louisiana, meeting requirements set forth by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in Louisiana miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as a registered agent, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your Louisiana Registered Agent
If you are a business owner in the state of Louisiana who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change
- Hire a New Agent – The most crucial part of the process is finding a new registered agent to replace your existing agent. When filing paperwork to change agents, the state of Louisiana will look to ensure you have a new agent in place. It’s best to take your time and choose an agent who you deem trustworthy enough to handle your business needs.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the Louisiana Secretary of State – Louisiana business owners must file a Statement of Change of Registered Office, Registered Agent and/or Principle Business Establishment form. Louisiana businesses also have the option to update this information on their annual reports.
- Pay the Filing Fee – The cost to file change of agent paperwork in Louisiana is $25. If you wish to expedite the process to 24 hours, you can pay an additional $30. If you want to expedite the processing to 2 – 4 hours, you can spend an extra $50. If filing by paper, you must include either a check or money order with your application. You can only enter credit card information when filing online.
State Filing Fees
When a Louisiana business owner files paperwork involving a registered agent, they can expect to pay a filing fee. The amount that the owner will pay will depend on the type of form being filed and how the business entity is registered.
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic Louisiana Corporation||$25|
|Domestic Louisiana Limited Liability Company||$25|
|Domestic Louisiana Non-Profit Corporations||$25|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$25|
|Foreign Corporations and LLCs||$25|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporations||$25|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Louisiana Corporation||$75|
|Domestic Louisiana Non-Profit Corporation||$75|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$125|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation Qualification||$125|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Louisiana Limited||$100|
|Domestic Louisiana Partnerships||$100 – $125|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$150|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$150|