West Virginia Registered Agent
If you’re a business owner in West Virginia, you should consider the fact that a registered agent could help bring value to your business and improve your operations. Consider the following information to help determine if its worth making a change to your registered agent.
A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Secretary of State, and notices of lawsuits. Registered agents act as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
West Virginia Requirements For Individual Registered Agents
One option that businesses have for a registered agent is a sole individual. This person must meet requirements set forth by the West Virginia Secretary of State.
- The individual must be at least 18 years old
- The individual must be a resident of West Virginia
- The individual must have a physical address within the state
- The individual must be present at this address during regular business hours
West Virginia Requirements For A Company Serving As A Registered Agent
West Virginia businesses also have the option to designate a third-party company to serve as their registered agent.
- The company must be eligible to conduct business in the state of West Virginia
- The company must be in good standing with the Secretary of State’s office
- The company must have a physical address in the state
- he company must be present at this address during regular business hours
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your Registered Agent
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer registered agent services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of West Virginia. When hiring us to serve as a registered agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of West Virginia, meeting requirements set forth by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in West Virginia miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as a registered agent, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your West Virginia Registered Agent
If you are a business owner in the state of West Virginia who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- Hire a New Agent – The most crucial part of the process is hiring a new agent. Business owners should take their time, ensuring that they find a registered agent who could add value to their business operations.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the West Virginia Secretary of State – Once a business has hired a new agent, they can proceed with changing their registered agents. Companies can change their agent by filing an agent change form online or when they file their annual report each year. When completing this paperwork, businesses must provide information for the existing and the new registered agents.
- Pay the Filing Fee – There is a $15 fee for those changing their registered agent in the state of West Virginia. Since companies must file this paperwork online, they can pay using a major credit card.
State Filing Fees
When a business files paperwork in the state of West Virginia that will impact their registered agent, they must pay filing fees. Although the prices are relatively affordable, it’s still crucial that businesses pay them promptly. Below is a breakdown of the filing fees associated with submitting registered agent paperwork in West Virginia.
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic West Virginia Corporation||$15|
|Domestic West Virginia Limited Liability Company||$15|
|Domestic West Virginia Non-Profit Corporations||$15|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$15|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporations||$15|
|Foreign Limited Liability Companies||$15|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic West Virginia Corporation||$50|
|Domestic West Virginia Non-Profit Corporation||$25|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$100|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation||$50|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic West Virginia Limited Liability Company||$100|
|Domestic West Virginia Partnerships||$125-$250|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$150|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$150-$500|