A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Secretary of State, and notices of lawsuits. Registered agents act as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
Missouri Requirements For Individual Registered Agents
The Missouri Secretary of State’s office does an excellent job breaking down the requirements for individuals looking to serve as a registered agent.
- The registered agent must have a Missouri address
- The registered agent’s business office must be identical to the entity’s registered office.
- The registered agent must be present at this address during regular business hours.
- A P.O. box may only be used in conjunction with a physical street address
- Individuals serving as a registered agent must be at least 18 years old.
Missouri Requirements For A Company Serving As A Registered Agent
Businesses also have the option of choosing a third-party company to act as their registered agent.
- A corporation may not act as its own registered agent.
- The company must be authorized to conduct business in Missouri
- The company must provide a physical address in Missouri that is open during regular business hours.
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your Registered Agent
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer registered agent services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of Missouri. When hiring us to serve as a registered agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of Missouri, meeting requirements set forth by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in Missouri miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as a registered agent, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your Missouri Registered Agent
If you are a business owner in the state of Missouri who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- Hire a New Agent – Businesses must put significant time and effort into finding a new agent. They should be on the lookout for an agent who can help make their operations easier and who is trustworthy. It’s critical that business owners secure a new agent before they begin to replace the existing agent.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the Missouri Secretary of State – Once a business has found a new registered agent, they must submit a Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office.
- Pay the Filing Fee – Business owners must pay $10 to file the paperwork. If they fail to do so, their paperwork will not be processed, and the state will not recognize their registered agent change.
State Filing Fees
When it comes to filing paperwork that will affect a business’ registered agent, the fees tend to vary in Missouri. It tends to be significantly cheaper to change registered agents than it does to form a company with a new registered agent. Regardless, business owners are responsible of making sure they pay the correct amount. The fee structure tables below should be beneficial in helping business owners determine what they owe.
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic Missouri Corporation||$10|
|Domestic Missouri Limited Liability Company||$10|
|Domestic Missouri Non-Profit Corporations||$10|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$10|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporations||$10|
|Foreign Limited Liability Companies||$10|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Missouri Corporation||$58|
|Domestic Missouri Non-Profit Corporation||$25|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$155|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation Qualification||$25|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Missouri Limited Liability Company||$50|
|Domestic Missouri Partnerships||$50-$105|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$105|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$30-$110|