A registered agent is a business or individual who serves as a company’s representative. They are typically tasked with accepting documents on the LLC’s behalf, including official government correspondence. This can include service of process notices, tax information, communication from the Secretary of State, and notices of lawsuits. An Arkansas Registered agent acts as a middle-man, as it is their job to see that members of the LLC receive these documents.
Arkansas Registered Agent Requirements For an Individual
The state of Arkansas sets forth requirements for registered agents in the state. It’s crucial that business owners ensure their registered agent meet these requirements. Otherwise, they run the risk of severe penalties. Business owners can find more information about registered agents on the Arkansas Secretary of State’s website. Some requirements for an Arkansas registered agent include:
- The registered agent must be at least 18 years old.
- The agent must have an address listed in the state of Arkansas. This address will be made a matter of public record.
- The agent must be accessible at the address during regular business hours so that they can accept official correspondence.
- Registered agents must agree with their appointment.
Arkansas Registered Agent Requirements For a Company
The Secretary of State also states that businesses can elect to have another company serve as their Arkansas Registered Agent.
- Companies must be authorized to conduct business in the state of Arkansas.
- Companies must have a physical address in the state that is open during regular business hours.
- Companies must agree with the appointment.
DoMyLLC Can Serve As Your Arkansas Registered Agent
It’s critical that new business owners find a registered agent upon who they can trust and rely. At DoMyLLC, we offer registered agent services to those looking to file as an LLC or corporation in the state of Arkansas. When hiring us to serve as a Arkansas Registered Agent, business owners can rest assured that they are receiving reliable, professional services, including:
- A physical address in the state of Arkansas, meeting requirements set forth by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- An office available during business hours from Monday through Friday. We can accept all legal correspondence for a company.
- A secure online account where business owners can manage your documents.
- An innovative management system design making it easier than ever for business owners to handle all legal correspondence, even if they’re not in the state.
- A compliance reminder system that informs business owners when annual report filings are due, ensuring they never miss a deadline.
- A compliance calendar, which is an easy-to-view method that allows owner to track when annual reports are due.
- A vast document library that includes both state and internal paperwork for Corporations and LLCs
- Links to state and government agencies
- Unlimited document storage
If businesses in Arkansas miss important deadlines, such as annual report filings, they could be subject to harsh penalties. When hiring DoMyLLC as a registered agent, business owners can trust that their information will be uploaded to the online management system immediately upon delivery and that they will never miss an important deadline. DoMyLLC allows business owners to focus on running their business instead of having to burden themselves with compliance paperwork.
How To Change Your Arkansas Registered Agent
If you are a business owner in the state of Arkansas who is not satisfied with the registered agent currently representing your company, it’s possible that you can make a change.
- Hire a New Agent – Because the state of Arkansas requires businesses to have a registered agent in place at all times, it’s imperative that business owners hire a new agent before they begin filing Change of Agent paperwork. It’s also recommended that business owners find and hire a new registered agent before informing their existing registered agents that they’ve been relieved of their duties.
- File the Required Change of Agent Paperwork with the Arkansas Secretary of State – To change the registered agent on file with the Secretary of State’s Office, Arkansas business owners must complete this form. When doing so, they must provide both the current and new names, addresses, and jurisdictions that will change as a result. They must also list all entities that will be affected by the change. Unfortunately this is the only way to update the information. Arkansas businesses are not able to change their registered agent when they file their annual report.
- Pay the Filing Fee – Unlike some other states, Arkansas business owners do not have to pay a filing fee when changing their registered agent. However, as you’ll see below, there are filing fees associated with your initial registration.
State Filing Fees
|Entity Type||State Fee Registered Agent Change|
|Domestic Arkansas Corporation||$0|
|Domestic Arkansas Limited Liability Company||$0|
|Domestic Arkansas Non-Profit Corporations||$0|
|Domestic & Foreign Partnerships (LP, LLP, LLLP)||$0|
|Foreign Corporations and Non-Profit Corporations||$0|
|Foreign Limited Liability Companies||$0|
|Corporation Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Arkansas Corporation||$45|
|Domestic Arkansas Non-Profit Corporation||$50|
|Foreign Corporation Qualification||$270|
|Foreign Non-Profit Corporation Qualification||$270|
|LLC Entity Type||State Fee for Formation|
|Domestic Arkansas Limited Liability Company||$45|
|Domestic Arkansas Partnerships||$300|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company Qualification||$270|
|Foreign Partnership Qualification||$300|