Nothing is set in stone and changes to a business structure happen all the time. Some changes to a business are required to be documented and that is the purpose of filing an amendment.
Here at DoMyLLC, our trained LLC specialists understand the needs of small businesses and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Incorporating with DoMyLLC takes 15 minutes of your time. Simply place an order and provide a signature if needed. We make it that easy to DO.
Have Questions? Speak with a DoMyLLC specialist at (888)-DoMyLLC (366-9552).
An Amendment is filed when a change to the Articles of Incorporation/Organization needs to be made. Filing an amendment with the state notifies them that an official change has been made to the Articles of Incorporation/Organization. Only information listed on the Articles of Incorporation/Organization may be amended.
Changes made to the Articles that generally require an amendment filing are:
- Changes to Company Name
- Changes to the Registered Agent
- Changes the authorized shares of stock
- Changes to the business address
- Changes to the directors, members and officers
- Changes in the company business activity
What are the most common types of amendments?
- Changing the company name.
- Changing authorized shares of stock.
- Change to the registered agent or business address.
- Change to the officers, directors or members.
- Changing the business activity.
If something is not listed on the Articles of Incorporation/Organization how do I change it?
Usually, information not listed can be updated on the annual report. In the instance in which it is not on the Articles of Incorporation/Organization and not required on the annual report, it can be updated in the bylaws for a corporation or the operating agreement of an LLC.
What is the process once an order is placed with DoMyLLC?
- A document specialist reviews the order and processes the request.
- Documentation is sent to the contact and a officer, director or member will need to sign and return the documents in the envelope provided.
- Documents will be sent to the state for approval.
- Proof of filing will be sent to the customer for their records.