New Hampshire Amendment

As a business owner, you have to know when it is time to make some changes in the company in order to help the business grow. In such cases, you have to be ready to handle the legal process to formalize the changes.

Speak to an Expert today about
Amendments at 888-366-9552

What is A New Hampshire Amendment?

New Hampshire requires businesses to file an amendment in case they want to make major changes to the items listed on the Articles of Incorporation/Organization of the company. The amendment process in New Hampshire includes the submission of formal paperwork.

Reasons Why You Need To File An Amendment

Changing pieces of information related to the organization requires the filing of the necessary documents. Generally, if adopting the changes affect the business structure of your company, you will have to file an amendment with the Department of State.

A. Changing The Company Name –

  • LLCs

If your New Hampshire LLC decides to operate using a new name, you have to go through the legal process. Submit an amendment form to the Department of State to inform them about your company’s plan to change its name. Additionally, you have to make sure all the official records of your company are updated.

  • Corporations

New Hampshire corporations that choose to change their company name have to file the proper paperwork for amendment. Aside from this, your corporation also needs to make sure that its records with the state and government reflect the new company name.  

B. Changing Members Of The Business –

  • LLCs

New Hampshire requires LLCs to submit a list of the names, addresses, and contact information of members and/or managers. You have to let the Department of State know of any changes. However, you cannot do this through an amendment. Your LLC has to submit all changes in writing on a paper bearing the company letterhead. Another way of reporting the changes is by emailing them to or by updating the annual report. 

  • Corporation

Updates on the pieces of information related to officers and directors of a New Hampshire corporation cannot be done using an amendment. Your corporation can make these changes in its annual report. If your company has already filed the latest annual report, you can submit the changes in writing with the company letterhead or email the changes to

C. Changing Address Related To The Business – Changes in the operating address of your company, as well as the registered office, must be reported. However, you cannot use the amendment form to do this. You can make the changes in the annual report of your company. However, if it has already submitted the report, you can file the charges in writing with the company letterhead or email said changes to the official email address that the Department of State uses for such reports.

D. Changing Contact Information –

  • LLCs

One way for the state to communicate with your New Hampshire LLC is through the business contact information. Make sure the state has updated information so it can easily reach your company. Since your registered agent receives all legal documents on behalf of the LLC, any changes to their information must also be reported. You can do this through the Statement of Change of Registered Office/Agent.

  • Corporations

The same is true for New Hampshire corporations. Report any changes to your business contact information. One way of contacting your company is through its registered agent. So, inform the state if there are any changes to information related to the agent. You can do this by submitting a Statement of Change of Registered Office/Agent form.

E. Changing The Number Of Shares That A Corporation Is Authorized To Issue – New Hampshire LLCs cannot issue stock, so they will not have to think about this amendment. On the other hand, New Hampshire corporations need to inform the state if they are thinking of changing the number of shares that they are authorized to sell. They can do this through an amendment.

What Is Needed To File An Amendment?


To file amendments, LLCs have to submit a completed Limited Liability Company Certificate of Amendment to the Certificate of Formation. File the document with the Department of State in person or by mail. Make sure you use black ink only. The filing comes with a $35 filing fee.


New Hampshire corporations have to file the Articles of Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation with the Department of State. You can submit it in person or by mail. The state requires the use of black ink only. You should also include the $35 filing fee.

How Can DoMyLLC Assist With Streamlining The Process?

Making changes to a company’s formation documents require proper completion and filing of paperwork. Depending on the changes, you may also have to take care of other documents. To help ease the process, you can turn to a reliable document filing company like DoMyLLC. Our team can provide support and assistance to New Hampshire business owners who need help in handling formalities to ensure compliance with the state.

New Hampshire Amendment FAQs

The filing fee for an amendment is $35.

LLCs have to provide the following information:

  • Name of the company
  • Exact text of each amendment
  • Authorized signature

Corporations have to provide the following information:

  • Name of the company
  • Exact text of each amendment
  • Manner of adoption
  • Authorized signature

The Department of State usually takes 5-8 business days to process mailed documents. If you submit in person, the department will finish the process in 3-5 business days.

The Secretary of State will mail an acknowledgment of the amendment to the address your company listed in the documents.

New Hampshire Business Resources

New Hampshire Office of Secretary of State
Phone Number:
(603) 271-3246

New Hampshire Secretary of State
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301-4989