Arkansas Amendment

Sometimes, it is necessary to make some changes to help a business grow. When this happens, a company owner needs to be aware of what to do and how to ensure that the business remains compliant with the state.

Speak to an Expert today about
Amendments at 888-366-9552

What is An Arkansas Amendment?

Generally, a company has to inform the state if it decides to make major changes to its formation documents. To do this, an Arkansas company needs to undergo the amendment process. It includes the filing of formal paperwork.

Reasons Why You Need To File An Amendment

It is necessary to know when to file an amendment. The reasons may vary depending on the company. But, generally, you have to file an amendment with the state if the changes affect the formal entity structure of a business.

A. Changing The Company Name –

  • LLCs

Sometimes, it may be necessary for an Arkansas LLC to change its name. Doing this requires you to go through a legal process. Check the naming regulations of Arkansas. Report your LLC’s plan to change its name by filing an amendment. You may also need to update all state and government records.

  • Corporations

Some corporations end up having to do business using a new name. If this is the case for you, you have to follow the process that the state has set. Ensure the availability of the new name before filing for an amendment. Aside from this, update all the corporation’s state and government records.

B. Changing Members Of The Business –

  • LLCs

Part of the Articles of Organization of your LLC in Arkansas is a list of all members and managers. It also includes their addresses and contact information. If you make any changes in any of these items, your LLC needs to inform the state.

  • Corporations

Your Arkansas corporation submitted its Articles of Incorporation to formalize the registration of your business. This document includes the names, addresses, and contact information of your company’s officers and directors. Arkansas requires you to keep these pieces of information updated.

C. Changing Address Related To The Business –

  • LLCs

Updating the operating address and registered office of your LLC is a must. It will help make sure that your company receives important and legal documents. It is also a way for the state to contact your LLC.

  • Corporations

Corporations have to follow the same rule. An amendment will update state records. Additionally, it will also ensure the receipt of legal documents like those related to your company’s filing and tax obligations.

D. Changing Contact Information –

  • LLCs

You have to make sure that the state knows the current contact information of your Arkansas LLC so they can easily reach you. You can do this through an amendment. Likewise, any information regarding the registered agent of your company must be up-to-date. You can report changes using an amendment.

  • Corporations

Changing the contact information of your corporation requires you to file an amendment. This way, the state can easily access your corporation if it has any legal queries. The point of contact of the state with your business entity is the registered agent. If there are changes on the information related to the registered agent, submit an amendment to the state.

E. Changing The Number Of Shares That A Corporation Is Authorized To Issue – Only corporations have to think about this process. If you wish to make changes to the number of shares that your Arkansas corporation is authorized to sell, then you will have to file an amendment.

What Is Needed To File An Amendment?


You will have to submit your Certificate of Amendment to Articles of Organization to the Business and Commercial Services office of the Secretary of State. You can choose to file online, by mail, or in person. The forms are available for download on the website of the Secretary of State. The filing fee can be as low as $22.50.


Likewise, corporations also have to submit a Certificate of Amendment to the Business and Commercial Services office of the Secretary of State. You can do this online, by mail, or in person. However, there are separate forms. If you are under the new code, you only have to file an original copy.

If your company is under the old code, you will have to file at least 1 original copy with the Business and Commercial Services. After receiving the copy of the approved amendment, you have to file it in the county clerk’s office where your office is located. You have to do this within 60 days upon filing with the Secretary of State. The filing fee for corporations starts at $40. It varies depending on the code your company follows.

How Can DoMyLLC Assist With Streamlining The Process?

Making changes to a company’s formation documents require proper completion and filing of paperwork. Depending on the changes, you may also have to take care of other documents. To help ease the process, you can turn to a reliable document filing company like DoMyLLC. Our team can provide support and assistance to Arkansas business owners who need help in handling formalities to ensure compliance with the state.

Arkansas Amendment FAQs


  • Online – $22.50
  • In person/By mail – $25


  • Online filing
    • Old code – $45
    • New code with no shares exchanged – $45
    • New code with shares exchanged – $90
  • In person/By mail
    • Old code – $50
    • New code with no shares exchanged – $50
    • New code with shares exchanged – $100

LLCs have to provide the following information:

  • Company name
  • Exact text of all amendments
  • Date of adoption
  • Authorized signature

Corporations have to provide the following information:

  • Company name
  • Exact text of all amendments
  • Date of adoption
  • Authorized signature

The Business and Commercial Services takes 24 hours to process online filings and 2 days to take care of those sent by mail. If you submit in person, the office will process your documents while you wait.

The Business and Commercial Services will send the stamped document to your company by mail.

Arkansas Business Resources

Arkansas Office of Secretary of State
Phone Number:
(888) 233-0325

Arkansas Secretary of State
Ste. 250, Victory Building, 1401 West
Capitol Ave
Little Rock, AR 72201