Oklahoma Amendment

Expanding a business sometimes requires some changes. Although it opens opportunities, it also comes with challenges. That is why a business owner has to be ready to handle these changes.

Speak to an Expert today about
Amendments at 888-366-9552

What is A Oklahoma Amendment?

Oklahoma requires all businesses to report changes to items that they originally listed on their Articles of Incorporation/Organization. Doing this requires you to go through a legal process known as an amendment. Your company has to file the proper paperwork with the state.

Reasons Why You Need To File An Amendment

Generally, an Oklahoma company has to file an amendment if the changes it wants to adopt will affect the business structure.

A. Changing The Company Name –

  • LLCs

Sometimes a company wants to start fresh. This does not mean you have to create a new business. You can just file an amendment to change the name of your Oklahoma LLC. Doing this will inform the Secretary of State about your plan. Additionally, your LLC also needs to change its name on the records with the state and government.

  • Corporations

The same rule applies to Oklahoma corporations. You can do business under a new name if you want. However, you have to go through the legal process. Submit an amendment to the Secretary of State to let them know about your intention. Aside from this, you also need to update the company’s legal and official records.

B. Changing Members Of The Business –

  • LLCs

The state of Oklahoma does not keep a record of the members and managers of LLCs. So, your company does not have to file an amendment even if there are changes in the pieces of information related to the members and/or managers of your company.

  • Corporations

Oklahoma requires corporations to report information about their directors. If there are any changes, let the state know. You can do this by filing an amendment.

C. Changing Address Related To The Business –

  • LLCs

The operating address and registered office of your LLC is a way for the state to contact your company. You have to make sure the state knows if your office location changes. You can file an amendment to update the state’s records.

  • Corporations

To make sure your corporation receives all legal documents, you have to keep the state updated about the address of your registered agent, incorporators, and directors. You can change these pieces of information using an amendment. Unlike other states, Oklahoma does not require corporations to inform the state about its operating address.

D. Changing Contact Information –

  • LLCs

The Secretary of State has to have a way to reach your LLC. That is why you have to make sure that the contact information of your Oklahoma LLC is well-documented. The amendment form includes a section where you can put the email address of the primary contact for your LLC.

  • Corporations

The Secretary of State has to have a way to communicate with your company easily. To ensure this, you have to report any changes in the contact information of your company. You can include the email address of the primary contact for your corporation on the amendment form.

E. Changing The Number Of Shares That A Corporation Is Authorized To Issue – Oklahoma LLCs do not issue shares. This change does not concern them. If your Oklahoma corporation wants to make changes to the number of authorized shares, you have to file an amendment to formalize your plan.

What Is Needed To File An Amendment?


Oklahoma LLCs that want to process amendments have to file an Amended Articles of Organization of an Oklahoma Limited Liability Company form. You can submit it to the Secretary of State by fax, mail, or in person. Oklahoma also allows online filing through the website of the Secretary of State. You also need to pay $50 for the filing fee.


Corporations, on the other hand, have to submit a completed Amended Certificate of Incorporation to the Secretary of State. You can submit by fax, mail, or in person. The state also allows corporations to file online. You also need to pay $50 for the filing fee.

How Can DoMyLLC Assist With Streamlining The Process?

Making changes to a company’s formation documents require proper completion and filing of paperwork. Depending on the changes, you may also have to take care of other documents. To help ease the process, you can turn to a reliable document filing company like DoMyLLC. Our team can provide support and assistance to Oklahoma business owners who need help in handling formalities to ensure compliance with the state.

Oklahoma Amendment FAQs

The filing fee for an amendment is $50. Corporations that want to increase their authorized capital in excess of $50,000 need to pay 1/10% of the increase.

LLCs have to provide the following information:

  • Company name
  • The date of filing of Articles of Organization
  • The email address of the primary contact
  • Name and address of the registered agent
  • Exact text of the amendment
  • Authorized signature

Corporations have to provide the following information:

  • Company name
  • Exact text of the amendment
  • Contact information
  • Authorized signature

The Secretary of State usually takes approximately a week to finish processing an amendment. They also offer a 1-day expedited service. Online filings are processed within a business day.

The Secretary of State will send a receipt acknowledging the processing of the amendment by mail. You can expect this document after you submit the form.

Oklahoma Business Resources:

Oklahoma Office of Secretary of State
Phone Number:
(405) 521-3912

Oklahoma Secretary of State
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4897