In the past, small businesses could not compete with big companies when it came to marketing. Traditional marketing strategies can be expensive. That means an entity needs to have the financial capability to reach their target audience.
However, those days are long gone. With the advancement in technology, there are more affordable options for small business owners. Additionally, the web also allows you to reach a wider audience easily.
A lot of people think that LinkedIn is only for people who are looking for jobs. But, that is not the case. It has now become a platform to expand networks. Many businesses use it to build relationships with professionals in the same field. It also allows them to keep up with industry trends and track new leads to find new customers.
However, many small business owners still do not realize this. They do not know that it is not only a hiring tool. It has also become a sales and marketing platform.
How To Create A LinkedIn Company Page
If you want to utilize it for business purposes, you need to know how to create a LinkedIn company page first. Here are some simple tips that can help you get started:
- If you are not yet a member, you need to create a LinkedIn login account.
- Create a profile that focuses on how your company can help other LinkedIn members. Doing this will help attract individuals to your profile.
- Understand how to create a LinkedIn company page. It is simple. Click on the work icon. You can find it in the upper right part of the homepage.
- Choose the link that reads Create a Company Page.
- Click the type of page you want to create (Small business, medium to large business, showcase page, or educational institution)
- Complete the profile and input the necessary information, such as the page identity company details.
- Click the verification box. Doing this will confirm that you can act on behalf of the company.
- Click the Create Page button.
- Finally, click the Start Building Your Page button.
After setting up the company page, you can start building connections. Make sure your profile is updated first. This way, your connections, potential customers, and possible partners will have the assurance that they can easily reference and contact your company. Aside from this, LinkedIn can give you the following:
- Exposure to individuals that are searching for goods and services that you offer
- Introduction to new customers
- Display recommendations from relevant people
If you want to use LinkedIn for a proactive marketing plan, you have to post updates regularly, participate in related groups, and connect with various networks. You can also take advantage of paid advertising to attract consumers. Aside from this, you can also enjoy additional benefits if you choose to upgrade to a paid membership.
Contrary to what many people think, Instagram is not only for selfies and food photos. You can use it to increase brand awareness of your business. At the same time, you can post about your products and services since engagement on this platform is high.
- Find and interact with your target audience. You can look at accounts following businesses that are similar to your company. These individuals may also be interested in what you have to offer. You can try to follow them. Some of them may not follow you back. However, there are those who will. Use it as an opportunity to engage new customers. Keep in mind that you should do this in moderation. Avoid spamming people or writing generic comments.
- Appeal to potential customers using relevant content. You have to understand your audience. You can research what interests them by checking out which of your competitors’ posts is getting the most engagement. Use these as inspiration. However, do not copy them. You can post blog post images, sneak peeks of products, or product arrangements.
- Make your bio appealing. Since Instagram is not a professional platform, you can be casual on your bio. Avoid using business jargon that may seem boring or stuffy for page visitors. Use this opportunity to humanize your company. Make the bio lighthearted. You can even use emojis and other tricks that will make it stand out and memorable.
LinkedIn and Instagram are not only around to create connections. Utilizing them properly can help yield positive results.