Email’s a necessity for any company, so when a startup prepares to enter the marketplace, establishing an email system is a given. The real decision is the choice of which kind of email service to use: a cloud hosted provider or an in-house server? Efficiency, cost and reliability are all the factors to be considered. The larger the organization, the more it makes sense to use an in-house server. However, for most small businesses, a hosted provider is the wisest choice, and the clinching factors are the money and effort that a hosted email program saves.
The benefits of a cloud hosting service
Hosted email solutions provide a variety of advantages, including eliminating the headaches that come with running an in-house email system. T
he benefits allow your company to focus on what it does best, rather than spending time and energy dealing with email problems.
- Cost effectiveness: When a startup has a chance to save money, it’s an opportunity that shouldn’t be passetd up. Once your business hires an email hosting service, there’s no need to own a server or email software. This also frees you up from devoting budget to the ongoing expenses of managing an internal email system. The financial benefits of a cloud service alone make it an excellent choice for a small- or medium-sized business.
- Low maintenance: Hosting in-house email entails a great deal of responsibilities, including preventing delays or outright downtime. With a hosted service, any maintenance issues are handled by the provider, taking all those concerns off your plate, and using multiple servers will reduce the risk of downtime. Backups are also fast and easy, without a need to buy any backup media on your part.
- Accessibility & integration: Whether you’re on the road or in the office, email through the hosted cloud is constantly available foryour laptop, desktop, and mobile device. You can integrate each one into the system without requiring any synchronization efforts on your part.
- Storage benefits: When it comes to storage, an in-house server can be tricky. Once you reach that server’s maximum amount of space, it’s time to reconfigure your server to accommodate these new requirements. With a hosted system, the provider handles storage, and when your organization experiences growth, the host can easily scale up your email server capabilities without overloading its infrastructure.
- Security: Knowing your communications are secure is a major priority, as vital information can change hands in email transmissions, and a hosting service’s encryption techniques will ensure that messages can’t be accessed by hackers. Eliminating spam and malware isalso a benefit that a hosted service can offer, preventing any viruses that could bring your work to a screeching halt.
Efficiency, dependability and lower costs
According to software maker MYOB, small businesses that adopt cloud solutions have greater gains in revenue than those that don’t. Using an email hosting service plays a big part in such gains and takes an enormous responsibility off your shoulders. Be sure to choose a dependable hosted email service with a solid history of data recovery, stability and scalability. The result will be a cost-effective, scalable system with great capacity, up-to-date security measures and anti-spam technology. All this will help your business run more efficiently with fewer budget hits, so you can better focus on running your business and generating revenue.