File a Washington Reinstatement

Complying with state obligations is just one of the many responsibilities of a company. If it fails to fulfill this task, it may end up losing its good standing.

Speak to an Expert today about reinstatement
service at 888-366-9552

Reports as low as $49 with our Total Compliance Package

Why Do You Need Washington Reinstatement For Your LLC Or Corporation?

When a company is in bad standing, it is at risk of administrative dissolution and revocation of all the benefits that come with its business entity type. Washington reinstatement is the process that will return it into good standing so it can continue doing business in the state.

What Is Needed To File For Reinstatement?

The Washington reinstatement process varies depending on state laws. That’s why an administratively dissolved company has to be aware of the specific steps it has to follow.

In Washington, the state may administratively dissolve a company due to any of the following reasons:

  •   Failure to pay any fee, penalty, or interest on time
  •   Failure to file an annual report
  •   Failure to maintain a registered agent for 30 days
  •   Expiration of the business entity’s period of duration

If you want to continue doing business after administrative dissolution, you will have to contact the office of the Secretary of State and ask them to provide you with a copy of the reinstatement form and to calculate the total fees. You can call the Corporations Division at (360) 725-0377.

How Much Will It Cost To Reinstate?

LLC – The filing has a reinstatement surcharge of $140. However, the total fee for an administratively dissolved Washington LLC will vary depending on pending obligations and missed filings. You will need to contact the Corporations Division to find out the amount. If you want expedited service, add another $50.

Corporation – Prepare $140 for the Washington reinstatement surcharge fee. As for the total amount, you will need to ask the Corporations Division to compute it for you. If you want to speed up the service, you will have to pay another $50.

How Long Will This Process Take?

LLC – The Secretary of State normally takes about a month to finish processing LLC reinstatement filings. If you opt for expedited service, you can expect yours to be done in a week.

Corporation – The normal processing time for corporate Washington reinstatement filings is approximately a month. However, if you paid for expedited service, they will finish in a week.

What Is Required On The Forms?


  •   LLC Name
  •   Unified Business Identifier (UBI) Number
  •   Principal Office Address
  •   Name And Office Address Of The Registered Agent
  •   Names And Addresses Of The Members And Managers
  •   Name And Address Of The Registered Agent


  •   Corporation Name
  •   UBI Number
  •   Principal Office Address
  •   Name And Office Address Of The Registered Agent
  •   Names And Addresses Of The Officers And Directors
  •   Name And Address Of The Registered Agent

What Cannot Be Changed On The Forms?

LLC – You cannot change any information related to your company’s registered agent. If you need to do it, you will have to attach a Statement of Change of Registered Agent or Office form to your Washington reinstatement filing.

Corporation – If you need to change the name or office address of your registered agent, you will have to include a Statement of Change of Registered Agent or Office form to your reinstatement documents.


What If My Company’s Name Is In Use When I Need To Reinstate?

LLC – An administratively dissolved Washington LLC forfeits its right to its name, so another entity can take it. If your company name is no longer available when you reinstate, you can either seek consent so you can still use it or adopt a new one.

Corporation – Likewise, an administratively dissolved corporation loses its right to its company name. If it is already in use, you will have to ask for consent or use a different name.

How Can DoMyLLC Assist With Streamlining?

Getting your Washington company back into good standing with the state requires you to follow the process for Washington reinstatement. However, completing the paperwork and transactions may seem like a tedious job for some.

If you think you need help, contact a reliable third-party organization like DoMyLLC. Our team of professionals can assist you from start to finish. We also offer personalized solutions and live support. With us, you can expect a stress-free experience every time.

Washington Reinstatement FAQS

No, you cannot do this on the reinstatement. You will have to attach a Statement of Change of Resident Agent or Office form.

Washington allows companies to miss five annual reports before they can no longer apply for reinstatement.

Washington allows an administratively dissolved company to reinstate its business within five years. After that, you will have to start over and apply as a new business entity.

Washington Business Resources

Washington Office of Secretary of State
Phone Number:

Washington Secretary of State
801 Capitol Way S PO Box 40234
Olympia, WA 98504-0234