With the continuous advancement in technology, e-commerce businesses get more opportunities to grow. In some cases, business owners may find it hard to keep up with all the changes and find qualified team members. So they may need to look into the pros of outsourcing. Having a solid team can help companies achieve their goals. That is why it is necessary to find people with the right skill sets suitable for their positions.
Remote Team And The Pros Of Outsourcing
Fortunately, there are various ways to attract competent employees. Gone are the days when a company has to open new locations to maintain a traditional workplace. You also do not have to stick to a 9-to-5 schedule. That is where a remote working structure comes in.
While managing a remote team comes with challenges, there are many pros of outsourcing employees. Here are some of them:
- Reduced operating expenses
- Fewer expenses for office equipment
- Encourage employee productivity
- Lower absenteeism
- Attract more competent individuals
- Lower turnover rates of workers
- Access to a global talent pool
The pros of outsourcing remote workers are not limited to the company. They can also be beneficial to employees.
- There’s no need to commute to work, which can help them save time.
- They can choose where to work.
- They will enjoy a flexible working schedule.
- They can maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- They will have better work-life balance.
- They will be in a comfortable working environment.
- They can reduce stress and prevent burnout.
Running A Remote E-Commerce Team
As a business owner, there may be some concerns when it comes to managing a remote team. Some entrepreneurs worry that the employees may slack off or take advantage of the fact that their supervisor is not anywhere near them. Fortunately, there are ways to ensure productivity and efficiency by examining the pros of outsourcing.
- Build rapport with the team. Since the whole team is not sharing the same space, there is a tendency to spend too much time discussing various issues. It is also harder to get to know all team members. However, it is not impossible.
Start by sending simple messages to ask them how they are doing. This simple gesture can go a long way. It may also help you learn about their background, including their work experiences. While it may not be necessary, doing this can show the remote team that you care.
- Select the right tools. Proper management of a team can be achieved with the help of the right tools. Make sure to choose those that suit the needs of the team and company. Then, familiarize yourself with them then provide training sessions, if necessary.
- Accept feedback. Listening to the team can help improve business processes. Schedule a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual evaluation. Encourage all employees to let you know which tools are useful and if there is any aspect that is hard for them to understand. In return, provide feedback on what each employee has to focus more on.
- Use a tool to track time. If the e-commerce company requires the team to work at a specific schedule, then use an online tool that can track their working time. However, a one of the biggest pros of outsourcing is being able to allow flexible working schedules. In such cases, the best way to measure productivity is to focus on the employees’ output. Did they meet the deadline? Are they showing results? If the results are satisfactory, then that is a good sign.
- Create a positive work culture. Even though an e-commerce team is working remotely, it is still possible to build a good company culture. It may require creativity and more effort, but it can keep the team motivated. Some companies conduct online meetings to get updates. Others also offer opportunities to help each member grow professionally. The company can host a webinar or training session about topics that are related to the e-commerce business.
- Implement communication guidelines. Effective communication is critical when managing a team. However, it can be more challenging when team members are in different locations and time zones.
What you can do is to come up with clear guidelines. Determine where the team will communicate. Will it be in a group chat? Will there be a specific team member who will contact all team members through emails?
If you are thinking of running a remote team for an e-commerce business, consider the pros of outsourcing. It will give access to individuals who already have the right experience and skills relevant to the job description.