As an entrepreneur, you may find yourself to always be on the go. Aside from managing the business, you also need to expand your network by attending various meetings and conferences. Additionally, you also have to handle employee issues, payroll, and other challenges that may arise.
Doing all of these things can be overwhelming. Fortunately, you can now rely on technology. There are ways for you to get your hands on the best free apps for small business owners.
What you need to keep in mind is that not all free apps are for your company. You only need to use those that fit your preferences and address the needs of your business. If you do not have extra time to research among the thousands of apps available, here are some of the best free apps for small business owners:
One of the things you need to ensure is productivity. It is a crucial factor in succeeding as a business owner. You can use smartphone apps to help you out.
- Evernote – The idea behind Evernote is to have a platform that helps you remember everything. Yes, that is right. It may sound unreal, but it is not. This application lets you take notes, store information, and manage tasks. You can clip bits of information from the Internet and tag them to allow easy searching. The app also lets you condense and alter them. You can also embed other photos, videos, audio clips, and tables.
- Pocket – If you want an alternative, you can try out Pocket. It allows you to save articles, videos, and other information from the web. Another advantage of this app is that you can access the things that you have saved even without an Internet connection.
- Wunderlist – Keeping track of all tasks can be hard. Wunderlist can help you. It allows you to create a to-do list that you can share with other people. So, you can delegate tasks to your employees and set deadlines or reminders. Additionally, it also automatically syncs the lists that you make. Because of this, everyone who has access to the list knows when someone finishes a certain activity.
If you want to make sure that you and your employees are on the same page with your daily tasks, you can use certain apps. These will streamline the workflow and centralize the communication. Because of this, you get to focus on working instead of thinking about what each team member has to do.
- Asana – People who like using checklists will benefit from this app. It has a flexible interface that allows you to prioritize tasks easily and monitor progress. Use this app to chat with your employees. You can also use it to assign deadlines and send documents. It also lets the user choose the type of notifications they want to receive.
- Trello – One of the advantages of Trello is that it allows you to create multiple lists. All articles have corresponding cards that you can move to change the status of a project. It is a free tool if you want to use it personally.
- Basecamp – This app is easy to use. You can invite collaborators and chat with each other within projects. You can also attach files, make checklists, and track the progress of each item. Additionally, it lets you create workflow calendars to make sure every person involved in the project is on the same page.
Making sure that every member of the company understands every aspect of a project is important. However, it may be hard to maintain communication when you are out of the office. Having the right mobile applications can help you.
- Slack – What makes this app suitable for businesses is that it organizes conversations into specific channels. This way, you will avoid getting confused. It also allows open communities in real-time. Thus, you can use it as a B2B marketing tool where professionals can share information and resources.
- Google Hangouts – Having this mobile app will be very helpful for entrepreneurs that often go out of the office premises. It allows you to have a team meeting even while you are away. It can even handle up to 25 individuals at the same time. Additionally, the app automatically places the focus of the screen on the person speaking. With its built-in screen sharing, Google Hangouts also lets you give a presentation or conduct a demo.